Yoga Branch’s response to the temporary studio closure related to “shelter in place” order
We wanted to share some updates about the Yoga Branch studio and the most common questions we have been asked:
Q: Do you offer online classes?
A: Yes! We now offer Virtual Classes via Zoom. These one-hour-long classes conducted by Lisette & Yoga Branch teachers via Zoom video conferencing. You can sign up for Virtual Class options, which include a single class ($12), a 4-pack for $40 ($10 each), or a 10-pack for $90 ($9 each). Zoom is easy to use from any computer, and there is even a free app you can download to use on your phone. If on-line stuff like this feels unfamiliar, it’s time to grow & we will virtually hold your (well-washed) hand through getting used to it.Sign up for Virtual Classes
Q: When are the Virtual Classes?
A: We are holding 2-3 classes per day. Please see our April Virtual Class schedule here. (Please note that we are on Pacific Time.)Virtual Class Schedule
Q: How much are the Virtual Classes?
A: The rates for the Virtual Classes are:
- Single class = $12
- 4-pack of classes = $40 ($10/class)
- 10-pack of classes = $90 ($9/class)
You can purchase your package here.
If you have an active monthly unlimited (autopay) or annual pass that you continue through the studios’ temporary closure, all Virtual Classes are free for you.
Due to the nature of these sessions, we are unable to offer refunds or late cancels. Once you enroll online, you’re considered as having committed to attend the class and it will be deducted from your account. I appreciate your understanding and patience as we work through this new process!
Q: How do I access the Virtual Classes?
A: Here’s how it will work:
- You can purchase Virtual Classes online, or if you are a monthly unlimited autopay or annual pass holder, you can join for free
- You “book/sign up” for the class on MindBody Online; please note that you will need to log in to your MindBody account or create one if you don’t have one. You can also do this on the MindBody app if you already have it or get the the app if you don’t.
- Once you successfully check in to the MindBody class, you will be emailed the Zoom link and log-in instructions
- If it is your first time using Zoom or doing a Virtual Class, we recommend you join via the link 15 minutes before class so we can test your audio/video and get you comfortable. Please note that you do NOT have to show yourself on video if you don’t wish to!
- The class will last about 1 hour and once it begins, all attendees will be muted so that you are able to watch the class without disruption. You can unmute if you have a question but please put yourself back on mute afterward. Classes may be recorded for future use.
Q: Will the Virtual Classes be filmed or available after the class is over?
A: At this time, we are not recording the classes or providing them to be accessed after the class is over. Our intention is to make our Virtual Classes as close to a studio class experience as possible, which is why we are using Zoom for live interactions and we have set start times for our classes.
Q: I have a pack of studio classes available in my account, can I use them for Virtual Classes?
A: At this time, Virtual Classes are considered a different type of class so your studio class passes are unable to be used. But don’t worry, if you want to buy Virtual Classes, they are actually cheaper than your studio classes, and your studio classes never expire, so they will be waiting for you once we reopen.
Q: I have a monthly unlimited (autopay) or annual pass membership. Is there anything special I should know?
A: We know your regular yoga practice is super important to you. That’s why we’ve put together this “Thank You Bundle” for you to show our appreciation for you staying with us during the temporary closure of the studio.
If you continue your autopay contract with us through the studios’ reopening, you will get:
- Access to ALL Virtual Classes for free
- To keep your current discounted rate
- One FREE month of yoga
- One of Lisette’s yoga workshops for FREE.
- 25% off all boutique purchases for one year
This “Thank You Bundle” is valued at over $150.
It’s my way of expressing gratitude for you sticking with us through this challenging time and to acknowledge your commitment to the studio and to your practice.
To take advantage of this, you don’t have to do anything! After the studio reopens, you’ll be contacted about when your free month of yoga begins and you’ll have one year to use your free workshop voucher and your boutique discount.
Q: I have a monthly unlimited (autopay) contract; can I suspend my membership until the studio reopens?
A: If you have a monthly unlimited pass, you can either take advantage of our “Thank You Bundle” outlined above or you can choose to terminate your contract, which has discounted rates. If you’d like to return to the studio after the temporary closure is lifted, your monthly unlimited contract will be at the higher studio rates offered at that time. To terminate your contract, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: What are some other ways I can support the studio during this time?
A: In addition to our Virtual Classes option, another way you can support us as a local business is to refill your classes for future use. This is an opportunity to take advantage of our current discounted rates:
- 20 classes = $260 ($13/class)
- 10 classes = $140 ($14/class)
- [NEW!] 5 classes = $80 ($16/class)
Our drop in-classes are currently $18, so you get a better deal by choosing from our packages. Remember that these classes can be shared and they never expire!
Third, several people have asked if they can donate to the studio, so we have created an online option to do that. Donations can be accepted in the amount of $5, $20, $50, or $100.
You can also buy gift certificates in any $ amount for you, for someone you know who may benefit or to provide directly to the studio to help underwrite Lisette’s efforts to provide sponsorships assisting some members who can no longer afford classes at this time.
Q: How can I get updates from you?
Q: What if I have a question not answered here?
A: If you have a different question that we haven’t addressed here, please send us an email at email@example.com and we’ll respond to you as soon as possible.